Monday, November 9, 2015

R.I.P. Bottom Dollar - Ryan Barclay

   One of my favorite business brands of all time was Bottom Dollar. Sad to say this brand no longer exists anymore. When they were about to open a location in my area they sent out flyers informing us we don't know how spoiled we are going to be when they get here. This immediately interested me enticing me to go visit before they were ready for customers to walk through the door. The week before they opened coupons were sent out to the homes in the surrounding areas. $10 off a $20 or more purchase. Great deal. There were 4 of them scheduled for 4 weeks, 1 coupon per week. They became the new go to store in the community. The prices and selection of food continued to satisfy my family's shopping list. one of my favorite memories is that their avocado's where always ripe and ready to use when I bought them. They would continue to prove they were the best option in the area by posting their own store flyer up on bulletin boards along side of competitors flyers from the area. That always impressed me, it gave me the feeling that this business doesn't hold any punches. In the end I never really understood why they sold their business to a competing discount supermarket company and in turn all locations were just shut down. Sad story but Bottom Dollar will always be in my list of best business brands of all time.

They left a good impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment