Saturday, April 25, 2015

Fail big and still win Dan Miller

Are you hitting your goals for this year?  Here we are in the second quarter of 2015 already.  I just did a review of my goals and am reminded how far behind I am in some areas I thought were important.  I wanted to have the new workbook to accompany the 10th Anniversary Edition of 48 Days to the Work You Love ready by January 1st – and I’m just now finalizing it.  I wanted to have dropped 15 lbs but I’ve bounced up and down with cruises and lots of airline travel.  Just excuses, I know.WMP - quote failure

But here’s the question: Did I “fail” in that area?  I don’t consider that failure since I’m a whole lot closer than I was on January 1st. 

“Set your goals ridiculously high and you will fail above everyone else’s success.” - James Cameron, Academy Award-Winning Director

I love the thought here.  If you decide you are going to run three marathons this year – and you fail by only running two, you have still accomplished more than 99% of the people in the world.

  • What if you had a goal of writing two books this year but only completed one?
  • What if you wanted to reduce your cholesterol by 50 points but only cut it down by 40?
  • What if you wanted to compose a new song a month but finished the year with only 10 great songs?
  • What if you set as a goal to increase your income from $50,000 to $100,000 but only hit $85,000 by December 31st?
  • What if you wanted to pay cash for a $15,00 car by November 15th but you accumulated only $14,000 by that date?
  • What if you wanted the greatest marriage in the world but you only eliminated 80% of the painful points in the marriage you have now?

Do you have a goal that is so “ridiculously high” that even if you only hit 50% of it you will still bypass everyone else?

Failure comes not in setting a goal and not hitting it – it is in not setting a goal at all and being stuck in sameness.

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing .” — George Bernard Shaw

Where are you behind where you thought you’d be at this time?



from Official Site Dan Miller http://ift.tt/1KhoJFQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment