Thursday, May 28, 2015

I love books …… but DanMiller

Growing up in a home without radio or TV drove me to books as a way to expand my little world.  And that little world has expanded from doing simple farm chores like baling hay and milking cows to writing, speaking and coaching today. 

Reading allowed to see more and expect more and ultimately to doing, having and being more.  The UPS driver roars up my lane 2 or 3 times a week with new and exciting books to allow me to continue to expand my experiences and opportunities. Books - excess

Recently my reading list has included The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine, The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey, Permission to Procrastinate by Rory Vaden, Drucker & Me by Bob Bufford, The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst, The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy, Business Secrets in the Bible by Rabbi Daniel Lapin, The Art of Work by Jeff Goins, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, Blood Moons on Wall Street by Jay Peroni, Small Business Big Pressure by Darryl Lyons, Powerful Words by Clark Gaither, You Have What it Takes by Jevonnah Ellison, and Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch.

And yes, I still prefer to read physical books.  I scan a lot of books on my Kindle but if I really want to read it, I immediately order the “real” book.  But the steady influx of books in my office creates a new challenge.  So twice a year I purge books from my office, keeping my standing library at about 1000 books.  With Monday being a holiday, I spent the day pulling about 200 books that I’ve read but that did not make the cut for my remaining 1000. 

If you’re coming to an event at the Sanctuary you’ll see the large bookcase on the back wall with these books – free for the taking for event participants.  Help yourself, and I hope they will inspire you as they have me. 



from Official Site Dan Miller http://ift.tt/1cmfyrT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment