Thursday, May 28, 2015

What if the negative person is my wife? DanMiller

Two weeks ago my podcast theme was Stay Away From Negative Friends.  I talked about my 3-hour rule where I’ll spend 3 hours a year with negative friends but certainly not 3 days or 3 weeks on a vacation. Negative Friends

Well, I knew there was the elephant in the room and didn’t address it fully.  I have had a whole lot of you ask this question:

I just listened to your podcast about staying away from negative people. What if the negative person is your wife?

I got both – what if it’s my wife, and what if it’s my husband?

Some of you may be hearing:

  • We can’t afford to take a risk right now. 
  • We don’t have the money.
  • You don’t have the time. 
  • It can’t be done like that. 
  • Someone else is already doing that. 
  • You don’t know where to begin. 
  • Better be safe than sorry. 
  • You’re not that good. 
  • You’ve failed in your last 3 ideas – why would this one be different. 
  • You’re just a dreamer – not a doer. 
  • You don’t have the credentials. 
  • You’re not a leader. 
  • You can’t compete with Dave Ramsey, Michael Hyatt, Pat Flynn or John Lee Dumas. 
  • You’re too old – you’re too young. 
  • You don’t have the right degrees.

Sometimes it’s the people closest to us that want us to stay as we are.  Where new growth and change may be threatening or a painful reminder to that person that they are feeling stuck.

So before Joanne and I sit down and really combine our thoughts on this, I’d like to hear from you.  What are your tips for dealing with a less than supportive spouse when you are ready to pursue your dream?

I’ll share on an upcoming podcast and in a post like this as well.  If you want to remain anonymous that’s fine – just let me know.  You can add your comments here or email me privately at askdan@48Days.com.

Thanks for your wisdom and insight on this important topic.



from Official Site Dan Miller http://ift.tt/1eB5CMW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment